AI: Trust Levels in Accuracy of AI Tools in Development Workflow, by developers' opinions
Accuracy of AI toolsShare of developers,
in %
Highly trust2.85
Somewhat trust39.30
Neither trust nor distrust30.68
Somewhat distrust21.71
Highly distrust5.46
  • Region: Worldwide
  • Time period: May 2023
  • Published: Jun 2023

Data Analysis and Insights

Updated: Apr 2, 2024 | Published by: Statistico

Majority of developers trust AI tools to some extent

39.30% of developers somewhat trust AI tools in their development workflow, representing the largest group, indicating a general positive inclination towards AI tools among developers globally in 2023. Additionally, 2.85% express high trust, cumulatively showing that 42.15% of developers have varying degrees of trust towards AI tools.

Neutral stance is also significant among developers

A considerable 30.68% of developers remain neutral, neither trusting nor distrusting AI tools. This highlights a significant portion of the developer community awaiting more evidence or improvements before forming a definitive opinion.

Distrust in AI tools cannot be overlooked

While a majority of developers show some level of trust, a notable 27.17% of developers express distrust, with 21.71% somewhat distrusting and 5.46% highly distrusting AI tools. This reflects concerns or dissatisfaction with current AI technologies within the development workflow.

High trust is relatively rare

Only a small fraction, 2.85%, of developers highly trust AI tools, suggesting that despite the advancements in AI technology, there is still a long way to go in convincing the wider developer community of its reliability and effectiveness.

Frequently Asked Questions

What percentage of developers somewhat trust AI tools in their development workflow?

39.30% of developers somewhat trust AI tools in their development workflow as of 2023.

What is the total percentage of developers that express any level of trust towards AI tools?

The total percentage of developers expressing any level of trust towards AI tools is 42.15%.

What percentage of developers remain neutral towards AI tools?

A significant 30.68% of developers remain neutral towards AI tools.

What percentage of developers express distrust in AI tools?

A considerable 27.17% of developers express distrust towards AI tools.

Terms and Definitions

AI stands for Artificial Intelligence, which is a subfield of computer science. It involves the creation of computer programs and machines that exhibit human-like intelligence and cognitive abilities. AI can perform tasks such as problem-solving, recognition of patterns, perception, learning, and decision-making.

Trust levels refer to the degree of confidence that users, in this case, developers, have in a particular system, tool, or technology. It is a measure of how much the user believes that the system will perform tasks accurately and reliably.

Accuracy in the context of AI refers to the extent to which AI predictions, decisions, or actions are correct compared to the desired or expected outcome. High accuracy in AI tools means that the outputs from these tools closely match the expected or true values.

AI Tools refer to various software or applications that utilize artificial intelligence technology. These are often employed to automate complex tasks, make accurate predictions, and inform decision-making processes. AI tools can be used in various fields and industries, including software development.

Development workflow denotes the sequence of processes that software developers follow in the lifecycle of software development. It often includes stages like planning, designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance. The tools and technologies used within this workflow, which can include AI, can significantly impact the efficiency and quality of development.

Developers, or software developers, are professionals who specialize in creating, designing, coding, and testing software or applications. They utilize a wide range of tools, including AI tools, to optimize workflows, enhance productivity, and deliver high-quality software products.
All statistics
AI: Benefits of Using in Development Workflow, by developers'...
AI: Benefits of Using in Development Workflow, by developers' opinions
Developers believe that incorporating AI in the development workflow considerably streamlines and improves the efficiency of the process, as the use of AI allows for precision, saves time, reduces human error, and facilitates enhanced operational stratagems.
Read more »
Share